Nintendoeverything got in touch with Nintendo for some details.
Summary of the Day 1 patch:
– update will provide access to network features including the eShop, online gameplay, ability to share images via social media
– link Nintendo Accounts
– update will launch “just prior” to Switch’s release
– the update “downloads in the background, is designed to install quickly and doesn’t disrupt gameplay.”
– in order to to buy digital games for Switch from Nintendo’s website, you’ll have to access the eShop one time
– if you don’t have a Nintendo Account when you are asked about it, you can ask the system to send an email with a guidance manual about how to create an account